Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reason No. 319800 I love the nurses

When we got back there last night, the first thing the nurse asked me was if I held Sydney since she had been sick. I told her no and she asked me if they had given me a specific reason for it. I told her I just figured it was because she was sick and they wanted to keep her stable and also because she was contagious. She said, "Well that's why we have her under quarantine! We have to take her out and change her linen anyway so I think she needs to be held by her Mommy. It will do you both good." :love: She also said that if she was home and sick I wouldn't just lock her in a room and not hold her for 6 days. :double love:

We got her out, she looked around for a while, smiled a lot and the went right to sleep. They suctioned her before they gave her to me but within a few minutes I could hear the rattling in her chest and feel the congestion through her back. That gunk builds up quickly!

She had a pretty good night and they were able to turn down her oxygen and she tolerated it beautifully. The problem is that they did a blood gas this morning and her CO2 levels are not where they want them to be so they turned it back up. Her monitors were not showing that she needed more oxygen so we hope that a few more hours at the higher setting will even out her blood gases. Feedings have been digested perfectly too.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those chubby cheeks!

Janis said...

What Angie said. She's getting SO BIG!!! :love:

Your nurses sound fantastic.

Toya P said...

Sydney is sooo beautiful. I'll bet she was happy to get a whiff of mommy.
God bless that nurse.

Kiwi said...

Thats exactly what you both needed. She just needed some good, ole mummy lovin'! and you needed to hold your cutey po-tutey!
great! :D

Lizz said...

I *still* want my mommy when I'm sick and I'm 33 years old! I'm sure she felt very comforted and content. And OMG is she getting BIG!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah gee! She looks so comfy in your arms!! She is so sweet! She must have missed her mommy and daddy!

The Cowans