Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
We have so much to be thankful for and sometimes I know I forget to acknowledge my blessings and then focus on all that I perceive is "wrong." It's been a great year
I'm thankful for:
1. God - His daily provision and grace humbles me. The challenges he allows only serves to strengthen me.
2. Our family - extended and immediate. We've learned just how important family is over the course of this year. Brian and I have the best family in the world. Between the phone calls, emails and visits, we've been filled with love this year. If Grandy was not here, I'm certain we would have starved to death in the early days and B and I would not have had one date night in the last year. She takes care of all us and makes it look easy. How blessed we are.
3. Our health. It's so easy to take that for granted but everyday really is gift.
4. Sydney. I am fascinated by how much she learns and changes every day. Every day with her is more fun than the last. I'm so, so thankful that I get to be her Mommy.
5. My husband. We've been together for so long and been through so much but this year has been most challenging and he's been most amazing. There were days when I was just too tired to hope or believe but he never ever doubted that we would get through everything. He's so good and sweet and kind with our daughter and sometimes I think my heart is just going to burst when I watch them together. I'm so thankful that I get to be his wife and I love the way he loves me.
6. My phenomenal girlfriends. I wish I could adequately express how much my girls mean to mean to me. I remember how disconnected I felt after B and I left Jamaica and how much I prayed for real and true girlfriends. The kind that will tell me when I'm crazy and paranoid and support me when I need it. The kind of girlfriends who would overwhelm us with cards, flowers, gifts, texts messages, phone calls, love and prayers when we needed it the most. The kind of friends Sydney can call her aunties and I can call my sisters. The kind of friends I would travel hundreds of miles to see and who would do the same for me. The kind of friends who would listen to me go on and on and on about Sydney in the early days and never make me feel like a bore. The kind of friends that could make me laugh on the days I just didn't want to talk and wouldn't make me feel bad about it. The kind of friends I can share anything with and who inspire me to be a better Christian, friend, wife, mother, sister, daughter, student. I love you guys so hard. Thanks for being just the kind of friends I need.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Remember to actually take some time to count your blessings today.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
History would have been made last night, regardless of who won the election. If the McCain/Palin ticket won, we would have had our first female Vice President. The Obama/Biden ticket won and now we have our first black President - 45 years after Dr King's "I Have a Dream" speech. My daughter is both female and black now she knows for sure that she can be or do ANYTHING. She absolutely can.
God Bless America.