Monday, January 14, 2008

Off topic

I've been immersed in the world of preemie blogging for the past weeks and have learnt so much about so many miracle babies. I recently came across a blog written by a fabulous woman named Bree, who gave birth to her own 24 weeker just over a year ago. Bree and I share very similar thoughts with regard to our faith and seeing so much of the grace of God in our children.

Today she posted about a blog that I saw over the weekend that is written by a man named Nate who is married to a woman with Cystic Fibrosis. Tricia found out she was pregnant while she was on the transplant list and her options were to terminate her pregnancy and receive the transplant or continue with the pregnancy. She chose to keep her baby. With time, she had more and more complications and gave birth at 24 weeks. Tricia and their baby girl Gwyneth are both on the ventilator and are in need of prayers. If you could, please pray for their family. Nate also keeps a blog and writes with such grace and faith. I am blessed to see him so unwavering in his devotion to God every day. Nate's blog is here: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/

Bree mentioned a post he did recently and when I read it, it touched me in such a deep way. We know exactly what he means. Our God is so amazing. Here's the post: cfhusband.blogspot.com/2008/01/not-sad.html

During this time in our lives Brian and I have felt a rollercoaster of emotion but we have not felt despair. God gives us joy everyday. He's the reason we get up everyday and put one foot in front of the other and trust him to take care of our angel. We see the fingerprints of God everyday when we look at her. Everyday I am humbled by the events that lead to her being conceived and her life thus far. I remember when the doctor told me I would never get pregnant without having major surgery. That was a hard day. B and I went for a drive and we were just praying about what to do. Then said, outloud, "Lord, I need a rainbow." Within minutes the skies literally opened and the rain came and there was the most beautiful rainbow I have EVER seen. He told us to wait on him and that he would do what he promised. Waiting was hard but it was worth it. I remember in June of 2006 when I was praying and I heard Him say that I would conceive within a year - I found out I was pregnant on May 28, 2007. I remember in April of 2007 when he told me to take an act of faith with regard to believing for our children. I bought a newborn outfit and I was pregnant within a month. I remember being told that I was in labour 14 weeks early and feeling the grace of God. I remember giving birth and hearing my child cry. She was so small she could fit in the palm of my hand and still she cried. That's God. We see his hand everyday. So like Nate, there's no sadness here. He never promised that life wouldn't have it's trials but he did promise that he would carry is through them all. His strength is made perfect in our weakness and I cannot imagine going through this season without Him to carry us.

His love is so amazing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS! :) I'm so glad we've found one another in this blogsphere. Let's keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Amen! :love::cry::love:

~~Sonny

Mandy said...

I've been reading Nate's blog as well. So touching.

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Syd's blog in a little while so I just did a major catch-up with 5 or more emotions in 10 minutes. I'm always praying for you all and I'm happy that God has strengthened your whole new family. Can't wait to see her happy and healthy :D

Love, love, love
Trish

Janis said...

*tears* - real ones!

Anonymous said...

Amen... Your testimony of faith through this journey so far is strong and loving. You and B prayed and listened for his answer! You both have been blessed with each other and with Sydney!

Tiffany AKA Diamond