Saturday, November 10, 2007

'Twas a good day...

So we get to Sydney's room today and her oxygen saturation levels are alllll over the place. When we got there, she was at 59% (not good) and then climbed back up to 88% (good). She kept that up for about an hour and the nurse said she had been doing that all day. All her other vital signs were great but this oxygen thing was driving everybody crazy.

They decided to not do Kangaroo Care because they didn't want her to be in a position where it would be hard for them to grab her if she got into real trouble. I think my obvious disappointment made them decide to meet us halfway though, so they allowed me to hold her all bundled up but not really Kangaroo style. It didn't really matter...holding her was fabulous. Needless to say, her oxygen saturation stayed completely level for the entire hour that I held her. She was so calm and peaceful and the nurses were shocked. I think she loves her mama.

Pictures!

Recognize that jacket, Dar? :love:


Daddy changing his first diaper...ever! He usually just stands behind me and squirms. :laugh:


14 comments:

DL White said...

Brian looks like a pro!!

Janis said...

Aww! Of course she behaved for mommy.

Lexusv said...

The pictures are beautiful. Just chokes you up. I have heard that before where sick babies get better just by the body closeness of the mother. I am so glad that you got to hold her and B looks like he is getting goog practice for when she comes home. Stay sweet lil miss Sydney!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Niki! :cry: I am seriously in tears looking at you holding your daughter. I love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

I love hearing how she responds so well to you Niki!! She is doing fantastic!

Anonymous said...

:love: I am so, so, soooo happy you got to hold her. :love:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures!!! :heart:

~Terri

Tillie'sMom said...

Of course she loves her mama!!

Dianna said...

Touch is everything. It's heartwarming and heartbreaking for me to read your blogs. I am reliving some of what we went through with Josh and then I look at him all squirmy and talkative and I know that everything is going to be just fine. You will have the same ups and downs to get there. **HUGS** Josh did really well MOST of the time when mama held him... if he was having a REALLY bad day it sometimes didn't help but most of the time it did. My heart is with you through your journey!

Anonymous said...

Wow!Look at my Bby big brother

The Sister! :)

Lizz said...

Oh I can only imagine your disappointment! I'm so glad they met you halfway!!! She loves her mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Niki! She is so precious :love:

Look at how well Daddy is doing with his tiny little princess. It's obvious how much you and B already adore this baby girl. She is so lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see those pictures! Sydney loves being close to mommy, and hats off to you Brian, you do look like a pro.
LaToya

Anonymous said...

These pictures warm my heart! They are beautiful Niki!