Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Here's The Thing About Kangaroo Care...

It is quite possibly THE best thing in the world. I know, I know, I say something is the best thing ever almost every day but I mean it this time!! I held my daughter for 2 whole hours today. Two hours. :cry: They usually start Moms off with an hour but her nurse allowed us two hours today because she was doing so well.

At first she was swaddled and I held her like that for about 30 minutes. They were testing her with the nasal cannula today and wanted to make sure she could handle it before we started Kangaroo Care. I know some of you guys had some difficulty understanding her whole breathing thing so there will be more on that later. When she was swaddled she was a little fidgety but very relaxed. I think she was just trying to figure out what was going. Then we started actual Kangaroo Care and I am amazed by how much she settled down and just relaxed. She just laid her little head on my chest and used both her hands to hold on to me. She never let go for the entire time I was holding her. She was absolutely the most relaxed and happy she has ever been. I cannot even describe how good it was for us both.

Anyway, I know you all want pictures and thankfully she had a fantastic nurse today who was more than happy to take a few.



:love:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMIGOSH! :cry: :love: She's just beautiful. I am so happy that things are going so well...soooo happy.

Anonymous said...

Look at that precious munchkin!

eleventhirtysix images said...

That is the best update YET.

I'm so stinkin' happy for you, Niki-Lou-Who. :hugeheart:

I know you've been longing for this...

Anonymous said...

You are one awesome momma!!
how beautiful!!

Lisa said...

That is the sweetest picture ever.

*wipes tear*

Lexusv said...

Priceless, this is so touching. I am so happy for you two finally know the toucch and smell of each other.

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I've been waiting for this day for you!

Janis said...

She's waited a long time to hold onto her mommy. She's not gonna let go now! :heart:

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back to look at you and your precious girl. :love: