Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One week at home

and two weeks off oxygen! Isn't that fantastic?!?!

Sydney is doing great at home. We're still battling reflux so we have been taking shifts just holding her upright virtually all day long and she loooves that. As of the time of this post, it had been about 2 hours since she ate and she was sleeping. I put her down and she opened her eyes soo bright as if she was wide awake the whole time. Then came the fussing and Grandy came and rescued her. She's happy as a clam now. If we lay her down too soon she spits up or chokes. 85% of preemies have reflux so this is very common. Since it became so severe, she was put on her reflux medicine and we should be seeing some improvement very soon.

She's also no longer interested in the schedule she had at the hospital where she was fed every 3 hours without fail. When I wake her at night, she is just not interested in eating at all. I have increased her calories during the day, hoping to keep her weight up. We will see how that's working when we go back to the pediatrician on Friday.

Tomorrow we have another appt with the eye doctor just to confirm that the ROP is history. I am not looking forward to watching them dilate her eyes and do that test. I specifically chose to not be present when they were being done when she was in the hospital. Now not only do I have to be there but I have to participate and restrain her. Not looking forward to it at all.

Tummy Time! Daddy HATES these pants! :lol: They're not my favourite but they match!


3 comments:

Jayan said...

She's doing so awesome at home!!!
I'm so proud of all of you. Yes the ROP test SUCKS I actually watched and it broke my heart!

So you're saying not to be excited about the 3 hour schedule they're on cause I was kinda hoping he was going to stay that way.
*hee hee*

xoxoxoxoxo

Jayan said...

*love* *love* *love*

Dianna said...

I am SO glad that she is doing well... Reflux sucks. IT could be that she needs a combination of meds... we can talk! The ROP exam DOES suck. I hate the speculum thingie. With the surgery we had to go back WAY too many times!