Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jesus Take The Wheel

First, the great news:

Sydney's ROP is regressing!!! Hallelujah!!!!! Her eyes are maturing and it's clearing up on it's own. I cannot tell you how excited we are are!

The "something to pray about" news:

Sydney's day nurse had some problems feeding her today. The nurse on shift is convinced that the nurse obviously does not understand my baby girl and how she eats. She eats great if you know how to feed her. She MUST be burped halfway through her bottle or she gets umcomfortable. Once she is burped she takes the rest. She does for me and the nurses who have cared for her the most. Feeding issues are the number one reasons for well babies to linger in the NICUs around the country and obviously doctors want to play it safe. I just don't want them to not work with her and she stays there even one day longer then she needs to.

So, I called the doc and let her know that I don't want her coming home if she is not well enough to do so but I also want to make sure that their concerns are valid. She said she agreed with me and made a deal with me. We will room in on Friday AND Saturday night and I get to do all her feeds. If she eats all 16 bottles for me, then she leaves without delay. If she doesn't, she stays. I can live with that.

Your mission (should you choose to accept it), is to pray super, super hard that we have no issues and my big girl does great this weekend.

Did I already mention that the ROP is going away?? Woot!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

You KNOW I will be praying that your little angel eats well and gets to come home. Good vibes Niki. It will happen! I am so excited for you!! WHOOT!!!!

Anonymous said...

*Praying, Super Super hard*
~Rebecca