Sunday, October 28, 2007

October 28, 2007 7:37 a.m.

Brian practically had to pry me away from the hospital last night. They discharged me at 7 p.m. but I kept finding things to do to hang around there. Finally when I started getting light headed at about 10:00 he dragged me out of there kicking and screaming. Of course, on the way home he was all, "I can't stop thinking about her. It's like she's right here and I have to remind myself that I'm driving."

I don't have my personal rented breast pump yet so I've had to use the manual pump since we've been home. It's a lot more efficient than I thought it would be and I'm still getting the same amount of milk as when I used the electric one. It's just way more time consuming and labour intensive. I'm going to make use of the Pumping Room at the hospital today so that my boobies don't slack off and start decreasing supply.

When we were leaving last night they had just removed her breathing tube and she was breathing on her own again. It doesn't mean she's just laying there with her mouth and nose open because they keep her on a backup respirator juuuust in case her lungs decide to take a break. I'm so amazed at the technology that's available to care for these tiny miracles. Her vitals are being monitored every second of every day and at the very slightest hint of distress an alarm sounds and someone comes running. I've seen the alarm go crazy the instant she pulled off her temp probe and as soon as the water in her moisture tank hit .25 inches. Amazing.

I just called and checked on her and she did have a few moments overnight when her lungs got tired but her heartrate never dropped at all. She's doing well now and the nurse said she's sleeping but moving around. She did lose some weight (as all babies do after birth) and she weighs 1lb 8oz now. That's 1.5lbs! I'm praying she gets back up near birth weight by the end of week 1. She's definitely thriving because of all the love and prayers of so many people, some who have never even met us in person. We are just overwhelmed by all the support around us because it has been above and beyond anything we EVER expected.

Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments: