Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 5!

Sydney had a rough night but is doing a bit better this morning. She was still struggling to breathe on her own and it started affecting her vital signs. Her blood gases (Carbon Dioxide etc) were still off so they had to intubate (put the breathing tube back in) and they say she looks a lot more comfortable now. While I was on the phone they got the result of the most recent blood gas test and the doc says it looks a little better but they want to see more improvement. They will check her again in 2 hours and see where she's at.

They also gave her some blood to keep her blood count cells up since her red cell count was low. They will see how she responds to that in about 24 hours.

She did poop again during the night so they're happy with that.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm139: 13-16

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers that she has a good day today. ((((Niki, Brian and Sydney)))

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear she is resting comfortably now and that her blood tests are showing signs of improvement. She, you and B are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Air kisses to the Little Miss! Hope she has a good day... yay for poops!

Dianna said...

don't be discouraged with the little setbacks (as they call them). You sound like you are being very positive and that is awesome. Intubated is a good thing if that's what she needs. I am so proud of how you are handling everything! Josh was intubated several times and had more transfusions than I can count. Hang in there. This is going to be a roller coaster ride (and not always a fun one!). Sydney is a little fighter and has two wonderful parents who love her!

Janis said...

Hang in there SydneyGirl and keep pooping and eating for mommy and daddy.