Sunday, October 28, 2007

October 27, 2007

Lactation Consultants rock my world!!

When I think about how great the entire staff of this hospital is, I feel sooo blessed! As soon as I gave birth they asked me if I planned to breastfeed and within an hour a LC was in my room with a pump and she stayed with me for over an hour and explained EVERYTHING in detail. I was pumping less than 3 hours after giving birth. :love: I've also passed colostrum stage and I'm getting actual milk now too. They came to check on me twice yesterday and they have already been in here once this morning and it wasn't even 9:00 yet! LCs are my superheroes today but everyone in the healthcare industry is a superhero.

I was supposed to be discharged at 10 a.m but my doc instructed them to keep me here until 7 p.m. so I could get some more time with my angel. :love: She had a good night and she was sleeping when we went to check on her earlier. We're just waiting on them to do the ultrasound on her heart today and make sure she's ok.

Oh! Her middle name is Elizabeth. We decided to give her a middle name that starts with E in honour of both her grandmothers whose middle names both start with E. Elizabeth means God is my oath and that's what we believe. Sydney Elizabeth is meant to be here. God chose us to be her parents and she will fulfill her purpose on earth.

No comments: