Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm soo sorry!

I'm doing a quick update with a few pictures or my mother and sisters will disown me.

The past two weeks have been so exciting! It's as if Sydney became so much more independent and active and curious overnight! She's interacting more with us and she definitely is at the stage where she knows the difference between the people who live with her and a stranger. If she doesn't know you, she's not going to respond to you until she feels comfortable. She also has a bit of separation anxiety now and always needs to know that we're close by. She's much more aware these days.

We did another therapy session last week and everyone was completely stunned by how much she has improved since we resumed her reflux medication. She sits unassisted and is actually happy about it! She laughs and plays and it's very clear that she is not in discomfort anymore. Of course, now that sitting is fun, she has no interest in lying down and tries her best to sit up even during diaper changes. She's also much more vocal and spends her days shrieking, squealing, laughing and blowing spit bubbles. The spit bubble thing is only fun when someone else is holding her.

These pictures were taken at therapy last week. I used my phone so the quality isn't the best.






These were taken when she had that cold a few weeks ago.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at how big she is! She is adorable. And almost a year old already! *gasp*

Anonymous said...

That was me. :blush:

Dianna said...

She is adorable Niki! How far she has come. I get tears everytime I think of our babies!!

Janis said...

I need more Sydney pictures. You're gonna have to quit school or cut back or something. *snort*

Nicole said...

She is sooo cute! I was happy to see those cute pictures, she looks like such a big girl!