Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This thing ROCKS!!!!



On the recommendation of one of her doctors, we bought this humidifier just before Sydney was discharged from the hospital. It was still pretty cold and dry when she came home and it seemed to help a bit. When we moved back to Florida we didn't use it much because we figured no place is more humid than Florida while completely ignoring how much the a/c can suck the moisture from a room.

We got it set up and running about an hour before we put Sydney to bed last night and added the liquid Vicks to the medicine cup. When I first put her down she had one coughing fit but it has been 11.5 hours and I haven't heard a peep from her since. Not even her usual night noises! No coughing, no struggling to breathe! Nothing! I dare say this is the best sleep she has ever gotten. I checked on her several times throughout the night and she was completely comfortable and relaxed and I could feel the difference in the room. I am amazed that this was the child who was coughing like crazy and breathing through 1/2 a nostril only 24 hours ago!

No comments: