Monday, August 4, 2008

Maybe if I updated more often...

I wouldn't be faced with the task of having to do three posts in one day.

This is just a quick post to say that Miss Thang has a head cold and is congested but happy and energetic as though nothing is wrong with her. She started coughing yesterday and it turned to major stuffiness that interfered with her breathing in the middle of the night. Thankfully, we already had 9 month well baby visit scheduled for this morning so we took care of everything then.

She doesn't have a bacterial infection (Praise the Lord) or an ear infection or bronchitis or croup or RSV and those were the things I was most concerned about. She has had her fair share of coughing fits today and she's still congested but the doc says she has nothing that requires major medication.

The recommended treatment: Saline spray to loosen the mucus, pedialyte to replace electrolytes since she's not eating much and the humidier with liquid vicks during the night. She also told me to use Vicks baby rub on her neck, chest and back and to rub some on her feet and cover with socks. I know that works for coughing since I have some girlfriends who already swear by it. The doctor said that if she couldn't actually hear how stuffy she was she wouldn't believe she was sick because she was chatting and playing with/banging her feet for the entire appointment. Right now, she's pounding me and chatting loudly.

I have two more posts with pictures coming this evening.

No comments: