Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby

One year ago you burst into our lives, quickly and with very little warning. There are days when the events of a year ago feel like a century ago and then there are days when everything still feels so fresh. 

I am simply amazed at how far you've come. A year ago you could barely breathe on your own and eating was out of the question. Today, we are assured that your lungs and healthy and strong because you spend your days, screaming, laughing, talking and playing. You had to learn to eat and breathe at the same time and now I sometimes  have to beg you to slow down before you choke yourself. 

I love the way you curl your toes and squeeze my fingers when you eat.

I love the way you get jump-out-of-your skin excited whenever you see me first thing in the morning.

I love how happy you are when you first wake up. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to listen to you laugh and giggle and chatter before you're even out of bed. 

I love that you express love for your Daddy in a very different way than you express your love for me. You'll be in the middle of climbing all over me and Daddy will take you and you'll stop and just snuggle into his chest -safe, secure, content. It's such a reminder for me that I can rest safe and secure in God's arms too. 

I love that your very existence has forced me to consider and do things that I've always wanted to do but never did. 

I love that I get to see you eat cake today! Who doesn't love some cake?? :)

I love YOU...to the moon and back

Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record: Auntie Trish loves you too. I'm soooo happy you're here and that you've had a year filled with blessings :D

Here's to many more, my favourite niece. Hope to see you soon!

Happy birthday my love!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sydney,

You are such a blessing my dear! I'm sure you know this already. I will never forget that text from your mommy saying she was on her way to have you. I was so scared for you both. But I knew that everything would be OK and sure enough, here you are, a beautiful girl thriving is this world with us.

Happy Birthday mama!

Auntie Angie

Tina Steele said...

I can't believe it's been year already. Sydney has come so far. :love:

Anonymous said...

A little late, but: happy birthday baby!