Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Great Hard Drive Collapse 2008

After 3 years of faithful service (well, depending on how you look at it) my computer crashed on Wednesday morning. I spent the next 48 hours reviving it and trying to not cry. Thankfully, God gave me wisdom to do a backup of my most important pictures about a month ago and I had those pics saved elsewhere. If I lost all of Sydney's pics, I would have cried non-stop until Christmas. I aim to acquire an external hard drive to back up all my documents from now on because I lost everything else.

One new hard drive later, I am up and running but without half of the programs I had before. I'm trying to just be thankful that the thing works. I know pics are long overdue and I will post some before the day is out. I know you all have heard that one before. Do I get marks for good intentions? I will be out of town for school until September 23, so I'm motivated to post some pictures before I go. 

Sydney will be home with Grandy  (who will spoil her rotten before I get back) and Daddy. I'm going to miss her so, so much.

 I hope she remembers me when I get back. 

1 comment:

Kiwi said...

sigh
i backed up my stuff and that drive died too.
I am soooo sad...borderline depressed
ppl do crazy things when they are deranged...like send mt harddrive to a clean room to get my stuff back!!!
sigh