Friday, July 18, 2008

Funny you should mention it

A few people have asked about the necklace Sydney is wearing in the most recent pics. It's an Amber Teething Necklace and it was recommended to me by friends who say that the whole teething experience has been easier since their babies started wearing it.

Sydney is not really a baby that cries when she's in pain so it's difficult for me to tell if it helps or if it's just the way she is. We are so, so close to seeing that first tooth pop through and her teething symptoms have really intensified this week. She's great during the day when she wears the necklace and very restless at night after I take it off before bed. All week she's awakened at dark o'clock and has been mildly cranky and last night she did not have one uninterrupted hour of sleep. The teething tablets usually help too but did nothing at all for her last night. I know it usually gets worse right before it gets better so I hope this is the worst of it for now.

She's wearing the necklace now and has been "napping" for 3 hours. I'm assuming she feels a little better now. Either way, I think the necklace is cute so she'll keep wearing it.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

She is absolutely beautiful Niki! What a blessing.

I have thought about getting Josh a teething necklace but not sure since he doesn't really fuss during the day. They are adorable, but I would want to keep it on all the time and I know that he would have it broken and off within a few hours!