Friday, April 4, 2008

Life in Sydneyland

One of these days I'll figure out some kind of routine for the little one. As it is now, she's spending a lot of time sleeping during the day and not enough at night. She's been changing so much lately and she's learning to do something new everyday. She looooves interacting with us and her smiles are getting bigger and much more frequent. I'm hoping we will get a real laugh out of her very soon. What she's doing now is more like smiling followed by a grunt. :laugh:

She has also figured out how to get her fingers in her mouth. It used to be that she would just suck her fists when she's hungry but now she's putting her fingers in her mouth even when she's full. She's still not perfectly coordinated so, sometimes she pokes herself in the nose because she missed her mouth. She does not find that funny at all. :rofl:I was hoping to avoid finger/thumb sucking but when she gets the paci she sucks for a few seconds until she decides it's just not as good as her fingers.

We have access to a great library system and I was contemplating taking her for story/fun time when RSV season is over but when I went to the library yesterday, there were more than 25 babies in the class. I suspect that the germ factor may be too high with so many babies. There is SO much that we want to do with her and it's so hard to be patient but her health does come first.

Her reflux seems to be emerging again and none of us are happy with that. It's so very frustrating and we're praying it gets better soon.

I don't have any new pics but will try to get some outside our house and in the community over the weekend.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma had reflux for a long time as a baby. Enfamil AR lipil really helped with that. Nut that was when she was about 4 months or so old we introduced it.

Dianna said...

it is so hard during RSV season. Everyone else can take their babies out, we can't. I don't take Josh anywhere, not even to the store to get a quick grocery item. It will get better. You especially know about the effects of RSV. Hope her reflux gets better. I understand that all too well!

Dianna said...

PS.. where are the pictures of MAMA and Sydney????

Jayan said...

Stupid dumb RSV season. I'm so paranoid Niki. Everytime he sneezes I get scared. I really really really want to do a mommy and me class this summer.

Kiwi said...

Hey
thanks for the updates as usual.
I was in FL this week - but not near you :(
Hope to be able to see you all and meet her soon
Will she be able to travel to Jamaica around august or September?
just wondering?