Monday, March 3, 2008

No, I haven't abandoned the blog

:smile:

Rest assured that when you don't see any updates, it just means we're busy and/or everything's fine. We haven't had to go to any more doctors since last Wednesday so there's nothing new to report there. No news IS good news.

We're moving in 11 days so when I'm not doing something for or with Sydney, I'm usually doing something related to the move. Or sleeping. Let me tell you something people...you don't know how good sleep is until you have a baby. :laugh: Babies are hard work and we're blessed because there are 3 people who contribute to Sydney's daily needs. She has her adoring Grandy and the best Daddy ever and still, we're all tired. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING but to quote another blogger, "God knows why he made babies so cute." I always had this fantasy of having twins but now I'm in awe of anyone who takes care of more than one infant at once. And single parents? My hat is off to you. People reading this who don't have kids are probably thinking, "Seriously how exhausting could it be? Babies just eat, sleep and poop!" Yeah, I know. I used to be one of those people. Parents know exactly what I'm talking about though.

Anyhoo, since I've spoiled you all with frequent pictures, I'll post some later. You can stop emailing and calling and IMing about it now. You know who you are. :)

4 comments:

Jayan said...

I can only imagine how exhausting it is. Everything changes!! You are doing a fantastic job Mummy and Daddy!!!

Dianna said...

Sleep.. whst is sleep?? I get some sleep on the weekends when Dave gets the nightly feedings, however, I still have to wake him up for it! But I wouldn't trade this time for anything in the world.

Che Cowan said...

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA (evil laugh). Anyway, thank God her name isn't Joshua Cowan.

Mashel said...

I have twins, they are 5 months old, and one is having almost as many appointments as Sydney (maybe more) They think he has cerebral Palsy, so we see neurologists, GI, PT, OT, and more. I also have two older boys, that are 4 and 6. Somehow, God equips us with what we need to do what He gives us. We don't think we can, but we do.