Thursday, March 12, 2009

You talking to me?

You know those babies...the ones you see in the grocery store and they're happy and smiling? The ones who start grinning from ear to ear the second anyone smiles at them? That ones who will happily "talk" to anyone that engages them? The ones who clap and squeal when someone acts silly?

Yeah.

Not my baby.

She's such a happy child but I think people think I'm lying when I say that because she will not communicate with a stranger in any way. B tells me that they were in a store just last weekend and a lady declared that she would make Sydney laugh. Bless her heart. There she was, prancing around like a circus monkey and she got nothing more than a blank stare from the child. Not even a hint of a smile. Sometimes people say, "Oh she looks so sad!" and I have to stop myself from telling them that she was perfectly happy before they came along. Lol. She's just not that into new people upon first meeting them and it takes some time for her to warm up. I'm starting to feel sorry for the people who insist on trying though. 

Here are a pics of her silly self:





I promise, she doesn't wear this onesie as often as you think. She just happens to be wearing it on picture days. I'm not sure why I felt the need to explain that. 

2 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

Hey, I'll trade ya! I've got the baby that grins, giggles, smiles and LITERALLY charms people into buying her crap at the store and restaurants. Then we get her home and *meltdown.*

Janis said...

Hmpf. I bet *I* can make her laugh.