Monday, December 15, 2008

So, how IS Sydney doing these days?

If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked that question in the past few weeks...I'd have at least 5 dollars. :D

Sydney is doing great. She is such a happy child and is now totally mobile so we spend our days pulling  her out and away from things. I find it very interesting that she has all these toys but nothing makes her happier than some paper that she can crumple and rip. Daddy and I are giving her a big wrapped box stuffed with paper for Christmas.  

Besides that, she:
  • Pulls up and stands and plays. She would like to think she can walk but is given a swift reminder as soon as she lets go.
  • Loves the tv show The Wiggles more every single day. She gets so excited and I love seeing her dance when she watches them. Oh, the clapping and excitement! Priceless.
  • Says "Mama" and "Dada" appropriately. She's smart though, she says Dada when she wants to play and whines Mamamamamama when she wants anything else. 
  • Naps during the day without a problem now. In fact, the only way to get her to nap is to put her in her bed. Remember it was but a few months ago that I was complaining that she would only sleep ON one of us? Those days are looong gone. :cry: When we hold her now, she's busy doing anything but snuggling. Her favourite thing to do is ride me like a pony. Daddy can sometimes get her to snuggle with him but even that is rare these days. *sigh*
  • Is letting us see bits of her personality. She's VERY strong willed (I don't want to hear it, Mommy) and is not afraid to voice her displeasure. She doesn't cry when she's upset with us, she growls. Yes, I'm serious. She growls like a lion and makes the meanest face. She got that growling from Grandy. It.is.hi-la-ri-ous.
Overall, she's just the best thing that has happened to us and she's just so much fun!

My mother will be with us for Christmas and I'm really interested to see how Sydney responds to her since she hasn't seen her since she was teeny tiny. We look a lot alike so it should be fascinating. If I had a dollar for every time someone exclaimed, "Oh My! I don't have to ask if you two are related!" I would have a million dollars. 

Grandy is spending the holidays with Amanda and Joshua, the original grandchildren. :D I took some pics so Sydney wouldn't forget her. :laugh:

I told her the neighbours will know Grandy isn't here because her hair won't be combed for weeks. 

This one makes me laugh so hard. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made me laugh so hard as well..lol. Boy Syd, you startin to look just like your mommy and even mimic her facial expressions!! ..Take care til i see ya cutie pie.

Love,
Antie Tash